This program equips leaders with:
- An in-depth understanding of employee engagement and why it’s important to organisational performance
- Insight, feedback and know-how on leadership competencies that motivate and engage people
- A model, process and techniques for enhancing individual staff motivation and engagement at work.
The Engaging Leader Conversation
In this program, we introduce leaders to our Engagement Conversations Model. A process is outlined and techniques for how to use this model one-on-one with staff is demonstrated and practised so that leaders walk away ready to facilitate personal engagement reviews with their staff. This unique conversation helps leaders uncover, at a personal level:
- What is working well and engaging their staff, and
- What opportunities exist to improve motivation, commitment and engagement.
This conversation is designed to help leaders facilitate a mutual responsibility mindset amongst their staff around motivation, commitment and engagement. Done well, leaders use the model and conversation to help staff identify what they can do personally, and how they can be supported by their Manager, Team and the Organisation, to create a more motivating and engaging work experience.
The Genos Engagement Conversation Model
Using this model, participants tick a few of the statements below they would like to talk about.
- The responsibilities and tasks of my job are clear
- The work requests made of me are consistent with the responsibilities of my job
- I have sufficient opportunities for self-reflection and to improve what I do
- The responsibilities and tasks of my job are achievable in business hours
- I receive information about matters affecting my work in a timely fashion
- My work environment allows me to perform to my full potential
- The equipment, systems and processes I work with operates effectively
- I understand how my role contributes to the success of the organisation
- Discussions about my performance are frequent enough and useful in terms of improving my performance
- Discussions about my professional development and career progression are frequent enough and useful
- Team meetings are effectively facilitated
- The efforts of others are effectively recognised
- There is sufficient concern for my well-being
- I receive clear explanations and directions regarding my work
- My views and opinions are heard and acknowledged
- I receive sufficient support in removing obstacles or hurdles to my work
- My team work effectively together
- I enjoy working with the people in my team
- There is open, authentic communication in my team
- I feel supported by the people in my team
- Under-performance in my team is effectively dealt with
- There is sufficient consultation and involvement in decision-making amongst our team
- There is clear responsibility and ownership in team work
- My team spends sufficient time reflecting and improving on the way we work
- I feel confident about the strategic direction and future of the organisation
- I feel confident that the finances of this organisation are managed effectively
- The vision and mission is clear
- Change initiatives are implemented effectively
- This organisation acts in a socially and environmentally responsible way
- This organisation is ethical in the way it conducts its business
- This organisation delivers great customer/client experiences
- This organisation has effective people management policies and processes (hiring, performance management, promotion, diversity, equal opportunity)
Who will benefit?
The Engaging Leader program is for leaders at all levels who have been leading for twelve months or more and want to:
- Lead with a more engaging and motivating leadership style
- Enhance the motivation, commitment and engagement of their staff, and
- Generate greater performance and well-being in their business.
As pre-work participants complete the Genos Emotional Intelligence 180 assessment. Participants receive their feedback at the program and are provided with a development tips workbook and guidance on how to create a personalised development plan. This plan helps leaders identify steps they can take back in the workplace to better demonstrate the competencies of an engaging leader.
Game changing for business. Life changing for people.
Genos helps professionals apply core emotional intelligence skills that enhance their self-awareness, empathy, leadership and resilience.