Being certified means you have been trained to use the Genos Emotional Intelligence Assessment instruments and are licensed to buy and use Genos Emotional Intelligence Assessment instruments with your immediate clients in the country in which you were certified. You are not able to certify others to buy and use the Genos Assessment instruments from you for use with their immediate clients. Your Certification does extend internationally, however Genos Assessments will need to be purchased from the Genos Distributor within the country you are running the assessments. Please contact us if you need to find your local distributor.
Maintaining Your Genos Certificate
Professional and competent use of the Genos assessment tools comes from continued learning about their use, discussion and networking with other Certified Practitioners and continued real-world experiences of their use. As such, to maintain your Certification, all Practitioners need to:
- Debrief a minimum of three (3) EI Reports in a 12-month period
- Attend at least one Professional Development Event each calendar year, and
- Hold professional indemnity insurance.
Updated 15 October 2019
By registering for a Genos event you consent to and authorise use of your image or likeness and recordings of you in all media now known or hereafter derived, for any purpose, throughout the world and in perpetuity. You hereby release and discharge Genos and any of its affiliates or assigns, from any and all claims whatsoever in connection with or use of your image, likeness and/or voice.
You may be denied entry into, or removed from the event where the organisers have reasonable grounds to do so, including if you breach these Terms and Conditions, or you are intoxicated, under the influence of illicit drugs, inappropriately attired or adversely affecting the enjoyment of the event by others.
Genos recommends that you confirm your registration prior to booking any flights &/or accommodation. Genos does not accept any responsibility for losses incurred for flights &/or accommodation booked for the event.
Genos reserves its right to change any of the published event details without notice and have the final say on any matter relating to the event.
Please note, Genos further reserves the right to cancel your registration at any time on grounds of incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information provided as part of the registration process without reimbursement to you.
Genos understand peoples’ circumstances can change and provides the following alternatives to assist you:
Cancellations or transfers (subject to availability) can be arranged, by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org anytime before 60 days prior to the event date.
For the Genos EI Certification Program, 50% of the program fee will be refunded if cancelled within 60 days prior to the event date. Transfers can only be made anytime before 30 days prior to the course date.
You are able to transfer your registration (only once) to another person to the following event at no extra cost.
All other registrations cancelled (before 60 days prior) can be refunded for an administration cost of $80 per person. Please note that refunds are not available for transferred registrations.
From time to time, there may be a need for special consideration of extenuating circumstances in regards to this policy. If this is the case, please contact Genos to discuss this further.
Registrations may not be resold or offered for resale. If a registration is sold or used in breach of this condition, the registration may be cancelled and the current holder of this registration may be refused entry to the event.
Bookings for Debriefs
As part of the Genos EI Certification program, you will be debriefed over the phone by one of our facilitators on your own 360-degree assessment report. Additionally, you will be required to debrief one of our facilitators over the phone in order to finalise the process and receive your certification. Except in the case of extenuating circumstances, a rebooking fee of AUD $300 (plus GST if applicable) will be incurred if you request to reschedule a debrief.
Bookings for In-house Courses
Please note that any booking changes or cancellations must be made in writing to email@example.com.
The course date will be agreed upon and set for at least 30 days after requesting the In-house course in writing. If the course date needs to be rescheduled or cancelled, please expect the following to be applied:
- For within 30 days before the commencement of the agreed course date, a cancellation or rescheduling fee of 20% of all quoted booking fees will remain applicable.
- For within 7 days before the commencement of the course, a cancellation or rescheduling fee of 50% of all booking fees will remain applicable.
For flat-fee courses (e.g. up to 10 people):
Participants will not be added to the program or swapped within 14 days of the agreed course date.
For courses invoiced based on the number of participants attending:
Participants will not be added to the program or swapped within 14 days of the agreed course date. If any participant needs to cancel their attendance, please expect our refund policy to be applied according to the following:
- For more than 14 days before the commencement of the course, their fee will be fully refunded or they can be replaced by another attendee.
- For within 14 days before commencement of the course, 50% of their fee will be refunded. They cannot be replaced with another attendee within this time.
- For lack of attendance on the course without any prior written notice of cancellation, there will be no refund of the registration fee and rescheduling will not be available.
- In the event of an extenuating circumstance (i.e. – major accident, illness, or death), Genos International may review the application of its refund policy on a case by case basis and at its sole discretion applicable for that instance only.
In order to ensure that your firewalls or other network security appliances do not inadvertently block emails from Genos International, Genos Surveys and web access to Genos Surveys, we encourage you to add the following items to their “whitelists”.
- Genos International Emails
Event related emails from Genos International will have the following traits:
Originating IP addresses: 220.127.116.11
From domain: mail1.atl31.mcdlv.net
- Genos Surveys Emails and Web
Please contact Genos to receive this information.
Updated 16 November, 2018.
If you are a Certified Practitioner who would prefer to outsource report administration, survey management and printing, Genos-Managed is the best option for you. Our survey management team will set up and monitor your projects, keep you updated with status reports and make sure your reports are ready on time. Once complete, we will post your printed reports and/or program workbooks to the location of your choice via express post. Survey management, printing and delivery are all included in the price of each report. To place an order for a Genos-Managed survey, all you need to do is complete a Survey Request Form.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL GENOS SET UP A SURVEY BASED ON AN EMAIL OR PHONE CALL
Whilst we will always try to set up a Genos-managed survey the day it is requested, during peak periods this may not be possible. If we cannot set up a Genos-managed survey the day it is requested, we will guarantee to set it up the next business day.
- Whitelisting – Make whitelisting a standard part of your assessment project setup and ensure a superior client experience. Every time you start working with a new client, simply supply your client’s IT people a copy of the whitelisting document (located in the Genos Surveys section of the Member Portal).
- Timing – For groups of 5 or more people, you MUST allow 2-3 weeks for a 180-degree or 360-degree survey so that people have adequate time to respond. Failure to allow enough time will reduce the amount of feedback that is collected, which will significantly reduce the usefulness of the reports. You will also need to allow a day or two for printing. It would also be worthwhile educating other staff who have influence over timelines (e.g. sales people) so that appropriate expectations are set with clients and unrealistically short survey timelines are avoided.
- Incomplete Reports – If your survey is being managed by Genos, we will process all reports in a single batch after the survey has closed and deliver them according to the date you originally requested. If the participant did not complete their survey tasks, they will be provided with a sample of the report that is being used in the program. If they would like to re-do the assessment (at no extra cost) please notify firstname.lastname@example.org and a new Survey Request Form submission will be required.
- If the participant would like to complete the assessment later, a new Survey Request will need to be submitted to schedule a new survey.
- Facilitators – Some facilitators find it helpful to review the reports the afternoon before the workshop, so consider forwarding them the email that contains the details to download the soft copies of the reports.
- Email Addresses – Every person using Genos Surveys MUST have their own, unique email address. Although generic email addresses are discouraged (e.g. email@example.com), they can be used but only by one person and cannot be re-used by someone else in the future.
- Additional participants – We will happily add participants to a survey that is already in progress, but as per the policy stated above, if the deadline needs to be extended to accommodate late entrants then the entire batch will be delayed. It is imperative that you inform your client of this policy at the outset of the survey.
- Re-opening a survey – Occasionally Genos is asked to re-open a survey and re-print a report so that the feedback of an additional rater can be included. If the original report has already been shown to the subject then re-printing their report with additional feedback will compromise the anonymity of the additional rater, therefore Genos will not process such a request in this case.
- Manual entry of participant information – Please note that Genos will not manually enter subjects or raters into the Genos Surveys platform. Any request to add participant information must be accompanied with a .csv file that is formatted correctly. More instructions and example files are provided in the Survey Request Form.
Physical Products – Card Decks
We endeavour to dispatch orders within 1-2 business days, and many orders go out in 24 hours. Orders are shipped by express post and tracking will be emailed to you along with your Tax Receipt.
30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee:
We are committed to customer satisfaction. Any purchase of card decks may be returned unused in original condition within 30 days of purchase for a complete refund of purchase price. Refund will be granted upon receipt of materials in original condition. All postage and shipping is the responsibility of the purchaser.
If you receive a card deck that is damaged or is missing individual cards and sent photo evidence via email to Genos within 30 days of purchase, you are entitled to a refund or replacement of the affected card deck(s).