Genos International (“Genos”, “we” or “us”) complies with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 to protect personal information Genos International holds about individuals.
Genos International’s primary activities include professional development, recruitment and employer insight, recruitment and human resources management.
We collect different types of information from or through our Services:
- User-provided Information: When you use the Service, as a User or as a Visitor, you may provide, and we may collect Personal Data. Examples of Personal Data include name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and credit card or other billing information. Personal Data also includes other information, such as geographic area or preferences, when any such information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual. You may also provide us with Personal Data when you register for an Account, use the Service, post Employee Data or send us customer service related requests.
- Information Collected by Clients: Genos International has no direct relationship with the individuals whose Personal Data it hosts as part of Client Data. Each Client is responsible for providing notice to its customers, employees and third persons concerning the purpose for which Client collects their Personal Data and how this Personal Data is processed in or through the Service as part of Client Data.
- “Automatically Collected” Information: When a User or Visitor uses the Service, we may automatically record certain information from the User’s or Visitor’s device by using various types of technology, including cookies. This “automatically collected” information may include IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites visited just before or just after using the Service, the pages or other content the User or Visitor views or interacts with on the Service, and the dates and times of the visit, access, or use of the Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding a Visitor or User’s interaction with email messages, such as whether the Visitor or User opens, clicks on, or forwards a message. This information is gathered from all Users and Visitors.
- Use and Disclosure
We require you to provide certain personal information about yourself in order for us to provide advice to you and/or our Clients for recruitment, selection and/or professional development. We may also analyse responses to online surveys hosted by us for research and/or commercial purposes and reserve the right to publish aggregated findings. However, we will not rent, sell or exchange personal information about you to third parties (other than related parties, eg. subsidiaries) except to your employers or potential employers, where you consent; where you would reasonably expect the information to be disclosed or where we are legally required to disclose such information.
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We use automatically collected information and other information collected during the Services through cookies and similar technologies to: (i) personalise our Service, such as remembering a User’s or Visitor’s information or login details so that the User or Visitor will not have to re-enter it during a visit or on subsequent visits; (ii) provide customised content and information; (iii) monitor and analyse the effectiveness of Service and third-party activities; and (iv) monitor site usage metrics such as the number of visitors and pages viewed.
- Data Quality
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information we have about you is accurate, complete and up to date when we use it. Generally, we rely on you to assist us in keeping your personal information accurate and up to date.
- Data Security
We have taken reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure at all times and in accordance with our Information Security Policies. For example, electronic access is limited to authorised personnel.
We also take steps to reasonably protect your personal information from misuse and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and maintained in an accurate, complete and up-to-date manner.
We will be honest and open with you about the type of personal information that we collect about you and the actual use of any such information. We will let you know at the time we collect your personal information, or soon after, how we will treat it.
If you require any details of the personal information held by us about you, then please contact us by phone or e-mail.
- Access, Correction and Deletion
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the information we have collected about you and obtain a more indepth explanation about how the information is used.
If you wish to access or amend any other personal information we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you that we have obtained through procuring our Services, you may contact us as set forth below in ‘How to Contact Us’. Unless personal information is required to be retained by us for administrative or legal reasons Genos will meet such requests at the earliest possible opportunity.
If you would like access to detailed personal information and such information is not immediately or easily accessible by us, we may charge an administrative fee for our costs in retrieving and supplying the information to you.
- Opting out from Communications
If you receive emails from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email or by sending an email to the address provided in the ‘How to Contact Us’ section.
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving emails from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your request. Please note that you may still receive administrative messages from us regarding our Services.
- Transfer of Data and Third Party Services
- Data Controller and Data Processor
Genos does not own, control or direct the use of any Client data stored or processed by a Client or User via our Service. Only the Client or Users are entitled to access, retrieve and direct the use of such Client data. Because Genos does not determine the use of any personal information contained in the Client data, Genos is not acting in the capacity of data controller in terms of the European Union’s Directive 95/46/EC on data privacy or the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. The data controller under the Directive for any Client data containing personal information is the Client or the User.
- Sensitive Information
We do not believe in intrusive collection of your personal details and will not collect information that is considered highly personal or highly sensitive about you without your prior consent.
- Data Retention
We only retain the personal information collected from a User for as long as the User’s account is active or otherwise for a limited period of time as long as we need it to fulfil the purposes for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise required by law.
- Complaints Resolution
We are committed to providing our clients with a fair and responsive system for handling and resolving complaints concerning the handling of their personal information. You have a right to complain and to have your complaint handled efficiently if you are concerned about our handling of your personal information. We believe that in receiving your complaint, we are provided with a valuable opportunity to improve the services we deliver to you and maintain your confidence in our services.
If at any time you wish to lodge a complaint in respect of the handling, use or disclosure of your personal information by us, you may do so by contacting us directly.
We aim to investigate and advise you of the outcome of the complaint promptly.
If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint, you may contact the Privacy Commissioner at:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
- How to Contact Us
PO Box 523 Surry Hills NSW 2010 Australia
+61 2 8004 0413